Thursday, April 22, 2010

Logroño and on






1 April 2010:
Today we are in Logroño and I feel quite under the weather. I have been coughing quite a bit today but the walk was “genial” ( which means fabulous, I have been translating my journal every so often from Spanish, but wanted to include this adjective as it is better in Spanish). Today was pretty. It is quite unpleasant to be so stuffed up and with a cough but I am enjoying…


Sat. April 3, 2010
So the days so far were:

1. St. Jean Pied de Port-Roncesvalles ~25 KM
2. Roncesvalles-Larrasoana 26 KM
3. Larrasoana-Pamplona 16 KM
4. Pamplona-Puente la Reina 22 KM
5. Puente la Reina-Estella 20 KM
6. Estella-Torres del Río 30 KM
7. Torres del Río-Logroño ~20 KM
8. Logroño-Nájera 31 KM
9. Nájera-Santo Domingo del Calzado ~20 KM

Today was a pleasant walk. I am incredibly tired at the moment because the hostel receptionist gave me a glass of wine after a “paseo” (stroll) around town. He is a character of an elderly gentleman. This AM was pleasant. I still have a head cold but think it is getting better. Tomorrow will be Easter and I am going to make “eggs in a basket” and then head out to either Belorados or Tosantos, which offers dinner and breakfast by donation and has a Christian focus. I do feel tired but am quite content.
We had a jaunt around town with some tasty little dessert pastries at the “Sabores de Semana Santa” Feria, or Tastes of Holy Week Fair (Holy Week is our Easter but they have a lot longer holiday, for education two full weeks ☺)
At this day I remember speaking with Ko and talking about how tired I was and how my journal wasn’t very interesting and I was just writing facts. He told me, “Sometimes just the facts have meaning”. I loved that because when you are walking 20 KM a day and sleeping in a big dormitory of 16 to 100 people and healing blisters and stretching out muscle fatigue, the facts do carry meaning. Thanks for the wisdom Donsang, (that is very uncertain spelling, but the Korean word for younger brother).

No comments:

Post a Comment