Thursday, May 27, 2010

lovely May weather.


Jaunt by the flysch...


Zumaia beach


The saint of Zumaia, appearing very saintly.


Walking through the old part of town.


The flysch and Extitxu enlightening me about something regarding the geological importance, the rock samples taken out of the holes and other fun facts.

We had a full last weekend with gorgeous weather, I started Friday at the beach in Deba, a short train ride away from Eibar, a Saturday morning hike through Arantxazu hovering over Oñati, a bit of fiestas in Bergara and a relaxing Sunday in Zumaia, a beach town, with a jaunt near the "flysch". This is a site that mainly geologists are interested in, according to Ibon, Estitxu's man. Estitxu told me that they do not normally have such lovely weather in May and this was the first time she could remember swimming in the ocean in May. The pics here are thanks to Estitxu and Ibon as well because they lent me their camera! I finally do have a camera with a memory card that works! Thanks to my Dad and to the other American Paul. Thanks a bunch to all of my colleagues for hosting all the exciting excursions and for such a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment