Friday, November 27, 2009

Vitoria






My friend Timothy came to visit from the States and we did a whirlwind tour of the Basque Country with a day in each Bilbao, San Sebastian, and a condensed one in Vitoria-Gasteiz.

We saw the Guggenheim and enjoyed fabulous weather all weekend long. It is getting chillier and it was even more so in Vitoria, as it is over an hour south of the coast and in the mountains, but the sun mostly shone. Vitoria was a beautiful city. It has a darling historic downtown and was very walkable. There was a very kind woman in a pastry shop, who reminded me of my Grandmother and I wanted to hug her. Don't worry Mom, I refrained.

For those going to the Basque Country, I would highly recommend Vitoria-Gasteiz. Bilbao of course if fabulous, but both are worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment